Thursday, September 6, 2018

No Quilts Yet But Getting Into Sewing Things!

I have not started sewing any quilts yet but I will be working up to that. It is on my list of things to do in the future; gradually working up to that. I want to get more used to my sewing machine.

I have found lots of books on quilting; both printed and e-book. I have a couple of e-books on my Kindle but it is not easy to see since the screen is monochromatic. Fortunately there are e-book apps for phones, tablets and computers that show the photos in color and one can easily (IIRC) turn the pages forward and backward.

I have found some apps on sewing and quilting. Since I can print from my phone or my tablet, I can print the patterns on my printer - don't have to transfer them to the computer to print them (might anyway to save the patterns to my computer and a flash drive).

There groups that one can get help with too. One is on Facebook; Quilting For Beginners. One can not only get help there but also be inspired by what others have done or questions they have asked.

I have found some sewing apps and some apps with patterns. I want to try some of these before advancing to quilts.




No comments:

Post a Comment