Saturday, February 24, 2018

Took A Sewing Class!

I took a sewing class. It was one that was held at a Joann Fabric store. The store is at a mall in Middleton MA. It seems there are many Joann Fabric stores but only a few that hold classes; at least in my part of the country (which is Massachusetts).

The class started at 6:00 pm and ended at 8:30 but actually ended at 9:00 pm just before the store closed. The instructor did quite a good job. I learned a lot from her. She helped me learn about the sewing machine I bought (an inexpensive one from Walmart). I learned about using my sewing machine. I learned about the settings and how to thread the machine, and tips on using it. We made a small pillow. It was fun.
It is not big but nice and fluffy. I chose the fabric, sewed it on my sewing machine and and stuffed it with filling. It is a nice feeling seeing something that I made. 


I have been at a couple of Joann Fabrics. They are really nice stores and have a lot of fabric and items for a variety of crafts. The stores are well laid out and well stocked (at least for what I was looking for). I was able to purchase some of the items I needed for the class that I went to.

I have been to a couple of other fabric stores but they were more for curtains and furniture. They were really nice but the fabric was thicker than I needed. They were also farther than I hoped to travel. They were big with a lot of variety of fabrics. 








my personal website
a work in progress


images of my art that is printed on a variety of items

No comments:

Post a Comment